Summer is almost here, and that means trips to the beach! 49th Street Bail Bonds wants you to enjoy your beach time without being robbed of your valuables. Thieves like to target beachgoers. Here are a few tips on keeping your belongings safe while at the beach:
- Leave your valuables at home. If you don’t need it, don’t bring it. Pare down your wallet to the bare essentials, only bring the minimum amount of electronics with you (or none at all) and bring a book or magazine instead of an e-reader.
- Store your valuables in your cooler. Wrap them in a bag and a small towel and place them in your cooler or cooler bag.
- Hide your valuables in a beach toy or bury them in the sand. Wrap them in a bag and make sure the bag is completely sealed. Just don’t forget where you put them!
- Store your valuables in a cut-out sunscreen bottle or in a “dirty” diaper (a clean diaper that you wrap your valuables in and then wet—of course, you store your valuables in a sealed plastic bag before doing this.
- Take your valuables into the water with you. Buy a waterproof pouch that can hold your phone, keys, and wallet.
- Consider purchasing an anti-theft beach bag or a sand locker
- Use a beat-up beach bag to make it less attractive to thieves. Pick a colorful bag or one with a distinctive pattern to deter thieves from stealing it. Have a bag with long straps and loop the bag around items such as umbrella poles or beach chairs.
- Sit close to the lifeguard station.
- Have a member of your party stay with your belongings while you are in the water.
- Consider asking strangers to watch your stuff. Not a fool-proof method, but you might have luck.
- Don’t leave your valuables exposed.
- Finally, trust your gut. If you feel like your valuables won’t be safe, then don’t leave them.
49th Street Bail Bonds offers these tips to help keep your valuables safe while at the beach.
49th Street Bail Bonds is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. We have helped clients facing numerous charges, including petty theft, assault, drug trafficking, domestic violence, DUI, and more. We can help you too! Please call us at 727-592-0000 to start the bail bond process.
We serve all of Pinellas county, including Clearwater, Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Largo, St. Pete Beach, Seminole, Madeira Beach, Indian Rocks Beach, Bay Pines, and more. All of our bail bond agents are experienced and knowledgeable. They are here to help. We know that being arrested can be a scary experience. Rely on our bail bond agents to help you navigate the ins and outs of the bail bond process. Our bail bond agents can assist you with paperwork, explain the bail bond process, and answer questions about the criminal justice system.
Don’t go it alone. Please call us at 727-592-0000 to start the bail bond process. Contact us today!
49th Street Bail Bonds is also on Facebook. Follow us today!