Did you know that human traffickers widely use airports?
49th Street Bail Bonds wants you to know that air travel is one of the most used ways human traffickers move people. Human trafficking is defined as “the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harboring, or receipt of persons through coercion, abduction, fraud, deception, or abuse of power of a position of vulnerability for the purpose of exploitation.” Human trafficking victims are usually exploited for sex or labor.
The victims are moved in order to keep them disoriented, under control, isolated, and away from law enforcement. Airports have been stepping up to the plate and offering more training for airport personnel to recognize the signs of human trafficking. The airports have also been posting signs in bathroom stalls, baggage claims, and even planes in a battle to educate travelers about this atrocity.
A few potential signs of human trafficking can include:
- A traveler who does not have their travel documents or identification. Another person is controlling these items, usually along with controlling access to money.
- A traveler who doesn’t know details about their travel, such as where they are going or their flight information
- A traveler hasn’t dressed appropriately. They might wear clothing the wrong size, be dressed scantily, or not dress appropriately for the weather.
- The traveler might be unkempt, malnourished, bruised, or appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Children might avoid eye contact and have huge appetites (due to the limited access to food).
- The traveler is highly monitored.
These signs might indicate human trafficking. If you suspect human trafficking, then do not intervene, as you may scare them off. Instead, contact airline personnel or emergency services.
49th Street Bail Bonds
49th Street Bail Bonds provides bail to clients facing numerous charges, including fraud, theft, assault, DUI, domestic violence, and more. To start the bail bond process, please call 727-592-0000. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
All of the bail bond agents at 49th Street Bail Bonds are experienced and knowledgeable. They know that being arrested can be a scary experience. They can help you navigate the ins and outs of the bail bond process, including assisting with paperwork, answering questions, and even lending an empathetic ear. Don’t go it alone. Please call 727-592-0000 to start the bail bond process!
49th Street Bail Bonds serves all of Pinellas county, including Clearwater, Largo, Seminole, Madeira Beach, Indian Rocks Beach, St. Petersburg, Bay Pines, and the greater Tampa Bay area. We have helped many, and we can help you too. Contact us today!
49th Street Bail Bonds is also on Facebook. Follow us today!