Cyber Monday has come and gone. Many people took advantage of cyber-Monday in order to get discounts on their holiday gifts. Many of these gifts will start arriving this week. 49th Street Bail Bonds wants you to be aware that thieves known as “porch pirates” target boxes left on front porches.
Here are a few tips in order to keep your deliveries safe from porch pirates:
- Have your packages delivered to your workplace or a friend/neighbor
- Pick up your package at the post office
- Utilize store pick-up. Order an item online and send it directly to the store, where you can pick it up
- Require a signature for your package
- Set up a delivery date and time
- Sign up with UPS and FedEx to get email alerts to let you know when a package is headed your way.
- Request that your packages be left in a specific place, such as at a side door
- Use an Amazon locker
- Keep track of your packages and know when they are being delivered
- Consider buying insurance for high-ticket items
Approximately 23 million Americans have experienced having a package stolen from their front door. Porch pirates often follow delivery drivers and scoop the packages off of the front porch right after they are delivered. Other times, a package is stolen just because a thief sees an opportunity. The above tips can help prevent your packages from landing in the hands of a thief.
Check out the Bondsman on 49th!
49th Street Bail Bonds bails clients out of jail for numerous charges, including theft, burglary, grand larceny, and more. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. To start the bail bond process, please call 727-592-0000. Our experienced and knowledgeable bail bond agents are ready to assist you with the bail bond process. Our agents can help you fill out paperwork, explain the bail bond process, answer questions regarding the criminal justice system, and will lend an empathetic ear. Please call today!
We serve all of Pinellas county, including Clearwater, the greater Tampa Bay area, Largo, St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, Seminole, Madeira Beach, Indian Rocks Beach, and Bay Pines. We are conveniently located at 12211 49th Street North, Suite #2, in Clearwater. Our location is just south of the Pinellas County Jail, which is also known as the 49th Street Jail.
We are here to help! Don’t go it alone! Please call us at 727-592-0000 to start the bail bond process. Contact us today!
49th Street Bail Bonds is also on Facebook. Follow us today!